Museums: Iceland has all kinds of museums. Most of them are pretty standard but others are
dedicated to more abstract things, such as ghosts and other curious phenomena.
What does West Iceland Sagaland stand for?
Whether you are travelling on foot, by bicycle, on horseback
or driving, your trip will be much more interesting with good
guidance or information about the places you visit.
• Interpretation and study of nature in West Iceland
• Geology of West Iceland
• Stories of outlaws
• Folk tales and stories of elves and trolls
• Social and cultural history of West Iceland
• Customs and employment in West Iceland
• Fishing stories of West Iceland
• Stories of the settlement and the heroes of the Icelandic sagas
• Stories of the university communities of West Iceland
• Stories of the development of West Iceland
• Stories of pilgrims and entrepeneurs
• Travel stories
Share your stories of your trip through West Iceland with your
family and friends.
- Félagsheimilið Snæfell, Arnarstapa
- 356 Snæfellsbær
- 435-6611, 615-1962
- Brákarey, Brákarbraut 20
- 310 Borgarnes
- 311 Borgarnes
- 437-0082, 616-6095